The mission of the New Hampton Community School District is to empower all students to succeed in a changing world.
Developed in 1990 by school improvement building representatives.
The vision of the New Hampton Community School District and all stakeholders is to create collaborative partnerships in order to:
- Create opportunities to enhance the individual growth (physical, intellectual, personal, social, and emotional) and character development of each student.
- Provide a school climate that welcomes diversity and fosters caring relationships based on mutual respect to create a culture of academic learning.
- Utilize district standards to create a research-based framework for learning.
- Continually strive for excellence by encouraging and evaluating innovative practices.
- Effectively utilize all available resources (financial, human, community, technological and infrastructure).
Developed in 2007-2008 by the School Improvement Advisory Committee
STUDENT LEARNING GOALS
The New Hampton Community School District, through the diverse learning opportunities it provides, teaches students to...
- read and listen carefully
- write and speak clearly
- use mathematics efficiently and accurately
- locate and use information thoughtfully
- work cooperatively
- think scientifically, critically, and creatively
- model acceptance of diverse cultures and ideas
- appreciate the aesthetic qualities of the arts and humanities
- use technology effectively
- live healthfully
- act in accordance with the Six Pillars of CHARACTER COUNTS!™(trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship)
- treat others respectfully, regardless of differences so their lives may be socially productive and personally meaningful.
Developed in January 2000 by the School Improvement Design Team