The mission of the New Hampton Community School District is to empower all students to succeed in a changing world.
Developed in 1990 by school improvement building representatives.
The vision of the New Hampton Community School District and all stakeholders is to create collaborative partnerships in order to:
- Create opportunities to enhance the individual growth (physical, intellectual, personal, social, and emotional) and character development of each student.
- Provide a school climate that welcomes diversity and fosters caring relationships based on mutual respect to create a culture of academic learning.
- Utilize district standards to create a research-based framework for learning.
- Continually strive for excellence by encouraging and evaluating innovative practices.
- Effectively utilize all available resources (financial, human, community, technological and infrastructure).
- The vision of NHCSD is to focus on strengths while providing opportunities that empower all stakeholders to achieve their aspirations.
Developed in March 2018 by the District Leadership Team.
STUDENT LEARNING GOALS
The New Hampton Community School District, through the diverse learning opportunities it provides, teaches students to...
- read and listen carefully
- write and speak clearly
- use mathematics efficiently and accurately
- locate and use information thoughtfully
- work cooperatively
- think scientifically, critically, and creatively
- model acceptance of diverse cultures and ideas
- appreciate the aesthetic qualities of the arts and humanities
- use technology effectively
- live healthfully
- act in accordance with the Six Pillars of CHARACTER COUNTS!™(trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship)
- treat others respectfully, regardless of differences so their lives may be socially productive and personally meaningful.
Developed in January 2000 by the School Improvement Design Team